PNWER's Annual Summer Summit draws up to 200 energy infrastructure owners and energy policy makers from the Pacific Northwest (five northwest states, three western Canadian provinces, and two Canadian territories). At the summit, these energy leaders discuss the most pressing regional energy issues, who is best suited to address them, and solutions to our mutual challenges.
Energy Horizon is the PNWER Project Portfolio that originates regional solutions to energy challenges we face. Stakeholders have directed and PNWER has delivered the following original products:
1) Delivered initial "Energy Workforce Needs Assessment” in energy sector by mapping all energy projects above $100 million in the PWNER region.
2) "The Cost of Not Building Transmission," study that triaged a myriad of proposed transmission projects into a top ten list of economic loss if they are not built. Funded by US Department of Energy, the project was managed by PNWER and written by Idaho National Laboratory.
3) Delivered a regional Wave and Tidal meeting between Marine energy technology scientists, project developers and Utility executives to discuss what marine based energy technologies need to be considered in utility procurement plans.
4) Establish the acclaimed Legislative Energy Horizon Institute through a pilot program.
5) Currently creating the PNWER Energy Storage Coalition after the working group at Portland, OR 2011 summit expressed need for regional clearing house to help nurture economic growth in energy storage.
PNWER has contracted with Jeff Morris to direct the Energy Horizon Portfolio.
You can participate in PNWERs Energy Horizon by just coming to the summer and winter summit meetings and adding your voice to the collective regional wisdom.
For more information, please contact Jeff Morris, Project Director