Energy Horizon is the PNWER Project Portfolio that originates regional solutions to energy challenges we face. PNWER has delivered the following stakeholder directed original products:
1) Delivered initial "Energy Workforce Needs Assessment” in energy sector by mapping all energy projects above $100 million in the PWNER region.
2) "The Cost of Not Building Transmission," study that triaged a myriad of proposed transmission projects into a top ten list of economic loss if they are not built. Funded by US Department of Energy, the project was managed by PNWER and written by Idaho National Laboratory.
3) Delivered a regional Wave and Tidal meeting between Marine energy technology scientists, project developers and Utility executives to discuss what marine based energy technologies need to be considered in utility procurement plans.
4) Establish the acclaimed Legislative Energy Horizon Institute through a pilot program.
5) Created the PNWER Energy Storage Coalition after the working group at the PNWER 2011 Annual Summit expressed need for regional clearing house to help nurture economic growth in energy storage.
PNWER has contracted with Jeff Morris to direct the Energy Horizon Portfolio.
You can participate in PNWERs Energy Horizon by just coming to the summer and winter summit meetings and adding your voice to the collective regional wisdom.
For more information, please contact Jeff Morris, Project Director